POME is current accepting unsolicited proposals for review. Only proposals that follow the guidelines below will be considered.
Who can submit to POMEmag?
- Any thoughtful, sincere human with something cool to share with us
What are we looking to publish?
- Short comics (60-120 pages)
- Single creator or a team (if you’re pitching as a team, all creators need to be identified in the pitch)
- Black and white or color comics (no prose, poetry, or art books)
- Unique, original work that doesn’t already exist (should be created after pitch submission, not beforehand)
- Contained stories (no ongoing series please!)
- Completely self-indulgent
- Human-made (nothing AI-generated should be part of the proposal or the imagined final product)
What to include with your pitch:
- A working title
- A short description
- A link to your portfolio and/or examples of your previous comics work
- Some concept art to show us what you’re aiming for
Here’s what you need to do next:
- Send us your pitch to review!
- One of our editorial crones will let you know if it is something we’re looking for.
- All work published on POMEmag goes through our editorial process, regardless of whether or not the work has been completed, to ensure that it is consistent with POMEmag’s in-house style.
- After we review, you’ll get a small check in the mail within one month of submitting your pitch.