For the past month or so, we’ve been all in on Bridgerton: Netflix’s Regency romance dynasty. Last year we made some predictions for Season 2, to varied success; but what successes we (Ashley) had were incredibly gratifying. And so, as we settle into a long wait for Bridgerton Season 3, here are all our predictions for what might be in store for us in future episodes. (Naturally, proceed with caution: plenty of Bridgerton Season 1&2 spoilers ahead!)
- My poor bb Benny, having given up on art, will be thrust into Romance. I know I said I wanted the writers to mix up the order to give Pen & Colin the next season and let Benny have is bisexual awakening before settling down, and I DO want that, but I do not predict it.
- Now that the Featheringtons are back to square one re: impending poverty, and now that Eloise has discovered Pen’s secret identity, I think the next season will see MILF Featherington discover and exploit Whistledown as an income source.
- I sincerely believe that Pen will get a chance to confront Colin about that “I would never dream of courting Penelope Featherington” bullshit
- I don’t count on it, but I do WANT more of Eloise’s footman facilitating her mischief (maybe in a sexy way?)
- Mostly, I predict that Rachel will have read all of the books by the time Season 3 comes out.
- I will read all of the books 2 weeks after Season 3 comes out.
- Marina runs off to America to be an ACTRESS, leaving room for a certain other canonical romance to happen.
- Eloise becomes A SPY FOR THE QUEEN OH HO HO HO
- Simon reappears (please!!!)
- Princess Edwina becomes real.
- After season 3, a time skip! Eloise and Pen get to play their real ages!
- Presuming that Netflix weathers whatever they’re going through right now, I predict that they will give Bridgerton a Season 3 and if they don’t, it’ll somehow get picked up by HBO and we’ll get to see even more Regency butts.
- We’ll get a surprise timeskip and all the Bridgerton kids younger than Eloise will be recast with sexy adult actors in their 30s.
- The next big embarrassing public romantic snafu will take place at Princess Edwina’s wedding to that German (?) banana pudding prince.
- Some other hottie will notice Pen next year, shaking Colin into just straightforwardly confessing his feelings and admitting that he just assumed they were getting married.
- Eloise will accidentally found the suffragist movement in England 30-40 years ahead of schedule while a string quartet plays “Confident” by Demi Lovato and I throw myself into the ocean, goodbye forever!!!!
- I am predicting and rooting for a Spanish love interest for SOMEONE. This is purely because I’ve been listening to a lot of Latinx and Spanish pop lately but like, who care. Imagine a ballroom scene set to this song.
- More horse, I think. Somehow? More horse. Benny horse paintings? Or maybe a bullfight because Spain.
- Who is this season even going to be about??? I predict Eloise, I don’t know if that’s the right order.
- Eloise abandons any thought of labor struggle and focuses on electing a woman to parliament. …?
- EDWINA AND EGG!! PRINCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Okay, knowing nothing about the books, my last prediction is that they will no longer follow the book-by-book formula and start mixing things up.
Thank you very much for joining us on this Regency Romance journey! See y’all in Season 3!